....and here are other samples along with photos of finished buildings documented exclusively using SU Pro/ LayOut.
My main points of comparison can be summed up like this:
- Excellent for outputting construction information and automatically linking/ compiling drawings.
- Seemingly cost effective for very large projects, but prohibitive for small projects.
- It is a post-design tool only.
- Used to assist in the design process.
- Exports technical data from the model, though this is as yet an unrefined process within SketchUp. However Rpreports can produce Bills of Materials from SketchUp. (Windows platform only)
- Creates excellent construction documents in conjunction with LayOut.
- Cost effective for very small to medium size projects (May in time become cost effective for large/ very large projects)